- To Change, or Not To Change?
- When Two Brands Become One
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Visual Identity Beyond the Logo
The Whole Package
- Good Times and Bad Times
A successful brand identity is built to last. See how it's done by studying these famous household names.
A successful brand is one that stays powerful for generations. In about 30 minutes, you'll see old and new examples, and hear how they got that way. We'll explore why a brand may need to change, and why protecting a strong identity is important. Examples of trademarks, packaging, and written copy are shown, and there are even some fun guessing games tossed in. Each core lecture has supplemental external links for further exploration.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Study strong brands, explore their history, and how they remain successful.
- See how brands evolved through time.
- Understand what forces a brand to change its identity.
Who Should Take This Course?
Beginning students interested in learning more about advertising history, trademark and package design, and branding and corporate identity fundamentals.
There is no prerequisite for this course.